Friday, November 18

Before Greyson's showcase (as experienced by the normal ticket holder) Pt.2

Yeah, this is the second part, one long post wouldn't do. (Part one would be below)

So, we sat there, trying very hard to listen to what they are trying to say because there wasn't any speakers or amplifiers near us. Then Anthonia came to us, with her meet and greet pass pinned on her and told Heidi to get hers, and they went. Of course, with meet and greet passes, you get to avoid the crowd and enter through the VIP lane, and stand in front of the stage. Awesome shiz. So the rest of us, Tierney (Heidi's sister), Brit (my cousin), my sis and I waited for our turn to enter. It was around 5:45 and the sky was starting to get dark. Sun sets around 6-6:30pm here in KK.

Then, when they finally opened the gates at around 6pm, what happened few hours before happened again. Everyone was shoving and pushing and suffocating one another, trying to grab the frontal view of the stage. The four of us held on to each other so tightly and prayed that we don't get separated. My phone ran out of battery so I was wishing so hard nobody got lost. As we made our way to the front, Tierney and I were smashed onto the barricade and my sis and Brit got lost in the crowd. People were pushing to get in and the guy from the organizer screamed "IF YOU GUYS DON'T STOP PUSHING! YOU WILL ALL WATCH THE CONCERT FROM HERE!" Major threat to everyone, and the pushing decreased. It didn't stop but it wasn't as bad as before.

Tierney got in first and I got in after that. I brought her to the front and waited for my sis and Brit to enter. After a few minutes, they managed to get in. When for a moment there I thought everything would be alright from then on, I was wrong. As people start filling in, so the pushing started, again. But I'm not blaming on the crowd, I'm blaming it on a couple of guys who thought it was funny to push and deny. Like seriously guys? You thought we were dumb enough to fall for your "It's not me!" excuse? Look behind you? Anyone pushing? NO. It's you. Yeah, they made Brit cry and they should donate their balls to the poor for that. They might've just ruined her day. So we moved to the back, leaving Tierny with Ryan, thinking she would be okay. Brit was crying non-stop and I tried reasoning with her so she won't leave the concert. Gabby and Sam moved to the back too, they can't stand the boys either. Brit decided to stay at the back which was jerk-free. The back was spacious unlike the front, so we sat down and waited. They played various music videos and people just sang-a-long to it. Then I saw Ryan. Alone. Which meant that Tierny was in front. Alone. Was debating whether to announce it to the crew or go in to look for her. It was 6:45pm. There's still time. Brit was still complaining and wanting to leave but I told her that everybody else is suffering too. I offered her a piggyback ride and she reluctantly agreed to stay. That's one problem solved.

Heidi came at around 7pm to our place and asked me to look for Tierney cause she had to go to the meet and greet corner. Instead of having to look inside the crowd, I went for the next best thing-the announcement-. I played "the panicked sister/cousin looking for ____" role and the crew were so helpful. While waiting for the announcement, I took up the courage and continued the role-play and went into the dense crowd up front. I asked people to help me scream out Tierney's name and oh KK people are so nice when they are not pushing. Then, like the sky opening up to the heavens, "Tierney Chua" was announced on the amps, and the crowd made way for her to come to me. Once again, everybody was together. Huge relief.

It was already 7:30pm and T-minus 1 hour! The back stared filling in too and soon the place was packed! The people were so tall that even tip-toeing didn't help. I couldn't even see the projector screen! Tierny got hungry waiting and decided to go out and eat with her mom. So she left. Just like that. She handed me her copy of Hold On Til' The Night to me to get it signed, in case she couldn't come back.

And so we waited. Rica came on stage and hit it off by throwing posters, none of them got thrown into my radius of reach. Sadly. We had to constantly move places to get a better view of the stage and fortunately, nobody was pushing anymore. That was uplifting.

Then at 8:30pm or so, Greyson came on stage and suddenly,  
everything we went through that afternoon was worth it.... An hour of total bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment