Monday, November 14

Adults

I have to laugh at myself for wanting to being an adult so badly, after what I experienced the other night, I'd rather stay in my teenage form for the rest of my life.

It really shocks me how immature adults can be at times. I'm not talking about the "fun" immaturity, but by the way they handle tough situations. I mean, adults have the habit of claiming themselves as "experienced" and "matured" especially if they are parents, but in the eyes of their child, a 16 year old could handle the situation even better than they did.

It was only a simple miscommunication among each other, and it had to lead into a big fight, bringing along everybody who were present into their immature drama. It's just really unnecessary to do that.
As a teenager, I expected them to know better, since they think they are far more experienced and matured about everything in life. So I thought one of them would admit they were wrong and bury the hatchet, but no, instead, one is waiting for the other to apologise so they wouldn't have to look so bad in front of the unwilling audience. Everybody wants to win these days, no matter how wrong they are.

They've taught us to say "sorry" and admit our mistakes whenever we are in the wrong. Maybe it's time for them to listen to their own advice?

Makes me wonder, does age really come with experience? Or does age even matter when it comes to maturity?

Please, adults, grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment