Friday, November 18

Before Greyson's showcase (as experienced by the normal ticket holder) Pt.1

Greyson Chance just performed here in KK last night, and it wasn't pretty.

Here's roughly how it went : 

Went to One Borneo (the venue of the showcase) at 12pm, around 8 more hours before the show. My aunts all thought we were crazy to go so early, but we had to, in order to avoid the massive crowd. Which we failed to later on. So, my little cousin, my sis and I walked around the mall, took videos of our so-called "journey" just to kill time. Heck, I even went to ToysRUs to get some Play-Doh to play with. Bought Greyson's debut album for Heids and ate lunch. At around 2pm we head on to Gourmet Lane only to find there were already a group of people waiting for the gates to open.

So we sat around, talked and listened to the radio, Hitz.fm, with Anthonia's phone, cause Greyson was on air. Funny how he disliked the durians and bambangan so much. Just as Heidi walked down the lane towards us, we heard the names of the winners of the MeetNGreet on air. All we heard were Anthonia and Heidi's name mentioned by Greyson and everyone just went into hysterics. Then, reality struck and both of them were anxiously waiting for their phones to ring to get their passes.

By 4:30pm (4 hours left!), everybody was excited to get in. Especially when the security guards came towards the gates did everybody started getting their tickets ready in hand and standing as near as possible to the barricades to get in ahead of the crowd. This was when things started getting ugly. With the desire to get front row view (it was a standing showcase), everybody wanted to get in first in order to have front row view of Greyson. There were almost 200 people there at the time and there were a lot of pushing and screaming. The people at the back lost all common sense and started to push from behind, leaving the ones in the middle to suffocate as the people in front tried to push back. Deranged girls started swearing and screaming "Don't push! DON'T F*****G PUSH!!" I even heard someone saying "If this was America, I would sue!" Hmm, doesn't that sound familiar? Thinking to myself, we have 4 hours left and things are already this chaotic, damn, it's going to get uglier.

It just did, when they found out that the normal ticket entrance was on the left side, some people from the middle just thought that they could squeeze into the crowd and move to the left. Isn't that just stupid? Come on, 200 people standing closely like tight packed sardines and you think you can wiggle through the dense crowd? You humour me. Slightly. In the end, the crowd went out of control and I shouted "Don't push! DON'T PUSH!" and the dude in front of me, who happened to step on my feet, thought that I was directing my shouts to him, screamed at my face! I was in shock, and I told him I wasn't screaming at him, and there went my respect for him. Inconsiderate fool, and he didn't even apologise for damaging my lovely toes.

Fortunately, after an HOUR of just standing there, being tossed around by outward forces and sweating ourselves, the people from Hitz.fmKK came to settle things down. They did, thank God. They made us sit and wait till the gates are open. They were obviously surprised so many people came this early. It was only 5:30pm. 3 more hours!

To be continued, (part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment