Monday, June 18

Things I never said...

It happened to me a couple of times when I never seized the opportunity to say something that might mean a lot to that person. It ended up bugging me for a long time. It still is.

I hated myself for not speaking up. I know I should've said something. I should've done something. It could've change the future, or what is has become, the present. That was a lot of modal verbs.

Quoting Carrie Underwood, "all the bridges burnt and there are lessons learned." I've learned to not let other people's opinion effect mine. People always have something mean or critical to say. Everyone is a critic. But then, the toughest critic is still yourself. If I myself like it, why should I be bothered about other people's view?

I knew I should've at least apologise for being such a ridiculous person. I was so young (I still am by the way) and very immature. Honestly, I was scared of getting hurt. I've seen it happen in front of me and I think I can feel just how devastated I would feel if it were me.

Then, I lose the opportunity to say something. The shadow of "Why didn't I..." follow me around everyday to haunt me. I've prayed and wished hard that I might get that redo chance but it never came. Talk about YOLO. *sarcastic laugh*

So yeah, to anyone reading this, seize the moment. If your heart tells you something, don't hesitate.
But don't try to hurt somebody. Choose your words wisely people.

We all have feelings, but how often do we show it?

No comments:

Post a Comment