Friday, June 1

Sweat, Screams and Pixie dust.


28th May 2012


It was a Monday. Spent the whole morning listening to her songs from Turn It Up to Young Foolish Happy. I immediately fell in love with "Everybody Hurts Sometimes" and her dancing. To be honest, I didn't know that much about Pixie Lott, besides the fact that she's British and Mama Do is a hit until Heidi asked me to go with her to the showcase here in KK if we got the tickets. It was during the final exam that Heidi told me that she got VIP passes to the showcase. At first, it didn't hit me that the tickets included mine, but after a few minutes, I clicked, and the screaming and "fan-girling" followed on. I was over the moon when I realised that I don't have to repeat the Greyson Chance ordeal again.

So we reached 1Borneo at around 3pm. Went to get the album for the signing later on and watched Avengers. We were taking our time since there was no need to wait for the gates to open. So we were at Tutti Frutti having our youghurt when Heidi needed to go to the toilet. The nearest one was the RM1 one so we paid to get in. 

 @TuttiFrutti

While waiting, Heidi got an emergency text from her mom that we needed to go to Speedy's. Since the ticket is in Pixie's entourage's hand, we wanted to get it from her ASAP. So without using the Premium toilet, we RAN to the video shop, only to find out that she won't be there in another 10 minutes. Well, there goes my one buck. Ha. But Aunt Claudia (Heidi's mum) gave us another 2 bucks to pee, so we went ahead with our business. 

Our tickets were actually at the Hitz.fm booth outside the showcase. We met Melanie, who has a pretty cool job and got our tickets!
I like the way it glows :) 

Fast forward to 8:30pm, and Pixie came up the stage. I immediately switched to Pixie Crazy Cat mode and tried to sing along to her songs. She was awesome on stage and the acoustic bit was amazing! 
 Seriously, the best photo I managed to take with my phone. 

 Everything seemed to speed up that time. After the showcase, we lined up for the album signing. We were trying to practice what we were going to say to Pixie, since it's a once in a lifetime chance. We also hugged the HitzKK DJs, Rica and Cheryl, it felt good to hug a local celeb. Eventually it was our turn and I went first. She saw my "I <3 London" tee and asked "Oh, you love London too?" I immediately was star-strucked. I think I replied her with a "Yeah, and you are amazing and I love you" and she went "Aww, thanks!" I couldn't move for a second there because she was so beautiful in person, and her accent just added that spark!

Saw Heidi jumping up and down after getting her album signed and we were all squealing and beaming. She told me that Pixie likes her necklace and the fact that Pixie knows her aunt (the person who got us the tickets) and said HI to her. Brandon tried to take pictures of us during the signing but failed. Oh well, at least we have the memories to live up to. 

After eating at Old Town and parted ways with Heidi, I went to the Novotel to wait for Dad. I didn't want to wait at the main entrance because the hotel lobby had air-conditioner and Wi-Fi. After updating things on twitter and Instagram, I went out. Few minutes later, I saw Pixie's mum and dad coming out from the lobby. Then I saw Pixie climbing into the car and said "Goodbye Pixie!" and she said "Bye!" and I swear I stood there, staring at her car until it took off. 5 minutes later, I was in my own car, going back home. 

It was a wonderful experience :) Again, thank you Heidi for bringing me along :)

Next concert, ANTHONY NEELY :D

No comments:

Post a Comment