Monday, June 25

Wedding of the year

Uncle Paul and Aunty Beth finally had their wedding! It lasted over a week with the Church ceremony and the Bride's reception at KDCA at the same weekend and the kampung style reception on the next weekend. It was fun as well as tiring. Cleaning up grandma's house for the kampung reception was the tiring part. Who knew there were so many things to clean?? In the end, everything was cleaned and they fired up the karaoke machine. My dad pulled off a few songs and I guess I was too tired to be embarrassed.

So anyways, bad singing aside, the whole wedding event was incredible. It was great seeing both sides of the family having fun and I really enjoyed it! Got to wear really nice dresses and pretty earrings which was really therapeutic, in a way.

One thing I enjoyed very much was watching people getting drunk, especially uncles and observe what people do when they get drunk. They get really funny and start to do weird dances and say weird things and I actually find it amusing. To imagine what would their reaction be when they wake up to the hangover just makes my imagination go wild. It's weird I know but family weddings are family weddings. 

Took some photos with my phone. Camera360 did an awesome job and I am forever grateful. :)

CHURCH CEREMONY 16.06.12


Mum and I made this cake the (mid)night before. Proud of the outcome though :)

My view of the whole wedding :) 

  
That moment ;)

 "Bridesmade"/Flower girl/2nd Reader 

 The Bride is so beautiful :) 


 Me and my lovely cousin, Cyla (She actually took the better looking photos)

Azie, Me, Aunty Beth and Gail :)

BRIDE'S RECEPTION (KDCA) 17.06.12

 We were actually in a big circle surrounding the couple. Like my earrings?? :P

 THERE WAS A FOUNTAIN UNDER THE CAKE. 
I want that for my birthday.... can?
Their first dance :) yes, with little children throwing petals onto them. 

PREPARATION FOR THE HUGE DAY 22.06.12

 This barely covers a quarter of the whole set up. 

My family loves to keep traditions, and this is one of them. Under it would be the cake.

 DAPOD (my kampung) RECEPTION 23.06.12

 Me and the couple :)
 The animal theme was chicken. 
(My uncle's hobby is sabung ayam, which basically means fighting cockerel)
 Emerging from the car.
 The Tea Ceremony


Yeah, that's all I have with me. :) 

Family weddings are always fun to be at. If you happen to have one coming, don't hesitate to go. It might be chaotic but it will be worth it!


Photo credit:
Cyla and S.Malen Photography

Check out the Engagement last year!






No comments:

Post a Comment