Wednesday, October 10

Day 26: A picture of something that means a lot to you.


My Fencing Medals


These are my pride and joy :) It's not really the medals that means a lot to me, is the effort I've put in and the sacrifices I've made to earn them. 

I used to be someone who thought that she could do anything in the world, then I became this girl who lost all her confidence. Through fencing, I've slowly gained that confidence and it increased when I won my first medal in 2008, it was just a Fencer's Competition but still, first competition and a silver medal. Not bad for a first-timer ;) 

Then I got chosen to represent my state for last year's Malaysian Games (SUKMA). I have been wanting a spot at the state team for so long and I was elated to get chosen. I had to miss my confirmation for the Games but it was worth it cause I came back with a bronze medal (the one in the middle) for the team event,my only event cause my seniors joined the individuals. 

This year was a memorable year for me too. Nationals Junior (U-21) and Cadet (U-17) happened this August and I brought home a medal, but for the Junior category which was unexpected as I was hoping I could win in the Cadet but lost instead in the quarter-finals. 

Between those I've joined several local competitions and did fairly well. No gold yet, but it's coming! :) 

Winning these medals just prove everybody who never believed in me wrong. I can excel in something. I'm not a fat ass. I can certainly do sports. 

I do thank my friends and family who have been the pillar of my strength, for believing in me :)
I also want to thank those who've doubted me or underestimated me, maybe you still do, but thank you, for giving me the motivation to exceed your expectations :) 

I'm still trying my best to be the best :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment