Sunday, October 7

Day 25: A picture of your favorite day

5th July 2012

Day trip to London :)

It was a sunny Thursday afternoon. There were two double decked buses parked outside the Porter's Lodge in St. Catherine's College, Oxford. One hour later, the buses carrying over 150 international students were driving by the Thames River,with the Big Ben and the Parliament on the other side, and heading into the city center of London

I have plenty of favourite days but I went with this because it was just too surreal for me. In less than 4 hours, at the Covent Garden, I've had an eye full of amazing street performers, London street life and delicious English pastries, I also saw a Kate Middleton look-alike, ha, close enough I guess. I even went into a "Build-A-Bear" store, though I didn't make one :(  Then, had a "pre-theatre" dinner which was actually an 8-inch peperoni pizza called "The American" and watched a West End Musical (Shrek: The Musical). I mean it's not everyday I get to experience this right?

I guess what made it more memorable is the company I had (the lovely girls in the picture above) and the wonderful wonderful weather. It didn't rain a single drop that day, unlike the other days I was in the UK :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment