Monday, December 5

Not your only child..

It annoys me when my parents ask me to do something when I'm in the middle of doing something else, and just expects me to drop everything on my hand and do it for them. It's not that I'm being disrespectful, but if you have 3 other siblings, who are obviously not doing anything, and you end up being called for, you couldn't help but wonder, "why me? They are not doing anything, why not them?"

"I'm busy." Is a line I've learned not to use when being in this situation.
They would always use this classic comeback line:
"When I ask you to do something, then you're busy. But when there's nothing I want you to do, you're not busy." 

That always leaves me speechless, because I don't want to continue with "Well, you always choose the times when I'm doing something" 
That would only end up with all my request for something being ignored.

In the end, I always do as I'm told and avoid all the drama.

But I couldn't help but wonder, why always me? You guys have 3 more children who would happily do those things for you, when they have nothing else better to do though, but yet you chose the busy one.
I JUST DON'T GET IT. 

Another mystery about a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment