Monday, September 19

Small changes

It has been almost a week since my "great" announcement in changing my lifestyle and a lot happened.

Firstly, I was so happy and honoured that I inspired/motivated a few of my friends to start making a change in their lives. Knowing that what I wrote is powerful enough to help someone make a decision about their health is so humbling as it inspired me to be even more determined and motivated in this journey.

As expected, there were no visible changes to my body as I've been taking this at a pace that my body can accept, which is a relatively slow one. The past few days was focused more on learning the circuit routine and making sure I did them right rather than a fast-paced, endurance-based session. I know that doing it right is better than doing is fast (innuendo not intended). I can't risk spraining or tearing any muscles as that will just take me out from any form of exercise for weeks. That's the last thing I want to happen this year.

Food-wise, I did not turned 100% vegetarian or oil-free/sugar-free. I still love my protein (again, no innuendos here) and I have a terrible sweet tooth. However, Amy told me that our body will definitely know that you are trying to eat healthier and be more active; hence, will react accordingly, as long as you keep making those healthy changes, your body will start to feel good and keep feeling good.

That is exactly what has happened to me these few days.

I sleep so much better now and I have less cravings for bad, sugary food. I'm in a genuinely better mood and don't feel so down anymore. Of course, those criticizing sessions in front of the mirror still happens but it's less self-loathing and more self-encouraging. I remember using to stick post-it notes on my mirror to cheer me up during my acne phase and it helped me. This time around, I found that saying it out loud gives it that extra dose of self-love that I needed.

Just a short one from me, been busy packing for my long trip back to the UK!

Till next time,
Liza x


No comments:

Post a Comment