Wednesday, September 14

Baby steps

*Day 1 of being enthusiastic*

Today, I snoozed my alarm less and woke up feeling determined. I wish I could say that I worked out the whole day but I didn't. I ran for 20 minutes and did 3 minutes of skipping. It isn't the ultimate calorie buster workout but I felt immensely better after that. Plus, I got to shower with my Lush Refreshing body soap that smells like citrus heaven and feels amazing.

 My first run! Incline: 7; Time: 22mins; Distance: 1.68miles (about 3km). 
Watched AndyMetSonia vlogs while I ran! p.s. how cute is Levi?! 

I was relieved with the support I got after publishing my previous post. I was expecting a lot of eyes rolling and smirking but instead I got the support and love from only the amazing human beings I am fortunate to be Facebook friends with (you know who you are). Also, Amy (mentor and will be mentioned a few times) have been so gracious with her support and keeping me motivated by saying the right things and offering to be my running buddy in Bath!

Along the same lines, I know I needed a huge challenge to conquer to keep me motivated. That is why I have decided to run the Bath Half next March. It is supposedly to be an easy run with not much elevation but hey, 21km is still 21km. It is daunting but I'm moving one step at a time.

Starting with getting my stamina good enough to run 5k in 30 minutes. It is all about realistic goals and moving upward from there. See, using my sports psychology knowledge to good use.

Tomorrow, is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment