Monday, September 16

149

I've been so obsessed of having this "like the movies" kind of relationship where feeling happy and loved every single day was expected. I got way over my head thinking those kind of relationship really do exist.

I started picking on small little things that weren't supposed to be part of a "loving" relationship and made those little things seemed like a big problem. I started worrying and becoming a little bit too emotional about it.

I forgot about my principles. I forgot that I promised myself that I won't be that type of girl when it comes to relationship, the type that expects too much from a guy, the "Overly Attached Girlfriend" type. I got too caught up with the idea of a perfect relationship that I wanted my current relationship to be exactly like the idea of a "perfect" relationship that was implanted in my head through chic novels and romantic movies.

It took a hard blow to the head to finally clear my mind. I realized how selfish I have become and that I also lost a part of me in the process. It ached to know that it was too late to undo the damage but I am blessed to have someone who is patient enough to let me fix it.

It's amazing how much I learned from a simple (some said it to be complicated) human interaction.

A guy who calls himself "Master of Love" once said to me:

"Relationships for our age aren't meant to be taken very seriously.. You get into a relationship to know that at the end of any day, someone will always be there to make you feel better."

Some people may interpret it by their own ways, but to me, it made me remember of my promise to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment