Thursday, January 3

Honesty and good things that come with it..

(well, not necessarily) 

For several years, I have had troubles being honest with myself and with others.
I wasn't being dishonest to mock or hurt anyone, but merely for the sake of everything. Or so I thought.

Just recently, I realised how rewarding it is to be honest for a change. I've managed to escape from a "would-be" terrible relationship and somehow ended up on the brighter side of the rainbow.

The truth does hurt but like the tumblr posts with words on it says "Hurt me with the truth, but don't comfort me with a lie." I know that a lot of people are afraid to tell the truth because they might not be able to accept the outcome of it, trust me, I am one of those people but learn to choose the right words to put it out there and maybe the outcome isn't as bad as it seems, might even be better. 

Seriously, if you don't, it'll slowly eat you up from the inside and by the time you decide to let it out, it might not be pretty. Friends, lovers and family members should try to be honest with each other. I'm not saying it will be easy.

And to the friends, lovers or family members, if he/she is trying to be honest and what they say might be hurtful, do try to forgive them for they are trying to honest, for sure, you have something to say about them too.

A simple reminder though, a secret, when bestowed upon you is meant to be kept as a secret. Sharing it out to the whole world isn't an act of honesty but rather an act of betrayal of trust.
Do learn to differentiate this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment