Monday, January 7

Day 30: A picture of someone you miss.

Christopher Lee Fah

My grandfather.

Although he passed away when I was only 4 years old, and I don't really have vivid memories with him, his life and his stories were passed on to me from my mother. 
Every now and then, my mom would always talk about her very eccentric father, the Jack of all trades. He built the house that my aunts and uncles grew up in, he installed the first elevator in Sabah and he managed to bring up 8 kids with the monthly salary of less than RM1000. 
Not only that, I also knew that he loved to travel and have been to many places except for China and Macau, his hometown, which he planned to but sadly didn't have the chance.

The reason why I miss him is because I never really got to know him. I wished I did. I wish he could bring me to his fishing trips or let me wear his cowboy hat (which is now on my mom's shelf) or at least tell me some of his stories from the days back then.

Sighs. Kung, I wish I could recall at least a memory of us together, but I never could. I only remember you scolding me for not saying "excuse me" when I tried to walk pass old people.Well, at least there's something I can remember you by. 

Even though we weren't as close I wish we were, I still miss you. 

I know it took longer than expected to finish this challenge, but this is Day 30

No comments:

Post a Comment